A brief guide to the Parish Church of St Blaise, Milton

The Churchyard

The tombstones were all made in the local stonemasons shop. Amongst them is a small headstone to John Stevens, who died in 1744, aged 96, having been Parish Clerk for 65 years. It is between the churchyard path and the south wall of the church. The lettering became indistinct and so has been re-cut.

Standing near the south eastern corner is the original bowl and octagonal base of the font of the 14th century Church. The pedestal is of much later date, and as it has no outlet for water it can never have been part of the font when it was in use.