A brief guide to the Parish Church of St Blaise, Milton

The Baptistry

In the north west corner of the church there used to be long pews, which in 1954 were made into an L-shaped seat placed against the walls. The Font, made of Caen stone was moved from the end of the Nave, and a carpet laid. The conversion of this corner into a Baptistry was done as a memorial to Miss Margaret Shotton (Churchwarden from 1947 to 1953) who first suggested the idea.

The window on the west wall is in memory of Thomas Bowles and his wife, and is by Michael O’Connor.

The ewer was presented to the Church in 1900, has the name Fernand Vercouter stamped by hand on it, and the date 1879. Its origin is unknown.